Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Not About Me?

What? The world does not revolve around me and my wants/needs? If I am in trouble, surely it is not my fault. Hmmm, funny how we learn as we live that the world is not about us. Some of us learn this earlier than others and some learn a harder lesson than others. But the principal of "it's not about me" is a painful yet necessary realization in our lives. Once we put ourselves out of the equation, we have perspective, a deeper sense of what this life is all about. We learn the 2nd chapter principle of True Womanhood. I am cheating a bit in the next few statements in that I am copying from the book but I struggled with what to add to such poignant truth. Thoughts that left me sitting my chair speechless and created the sandpaper that continues to smooth my rough edges.
1) From Him are all things---"Every circumstance that touches your life and mine....comes through the filter of His sovereign hand. To resent or resist the current circumstances of your life is to ultimately resist and resent God. A true woman accepts His plan as good, though it may not the way "she" defines good. So lean on Him.

2)Through Him are all things---"He upholds the universe by the word of His Power." So when you feel like you just can't hold things together any longer, guess what? You can't hold Anything together-not even for a second. BUT HE CAN!!!! Live a God Centered Life, one who in the midst of heartache can measure her problem against the vastness of God and realize that He can take it. Be "enthralled" with God and let that let that be your comfort. By this you can have hope-true hope."


3)To Him are all things---When we forget that it's "not about me", He lovingly disciplines us until we are back in line with the way things really are. He is our supreme purpose. He is our Goal. "A True Woman recognizes that her life is not her own. She lives instead for the Glory of God. By saying "yes" Lord, she allows Him to lead her life and embraces her role and God given design. She lives INTENTIONALLY, not just drifting from one thing to another."

There are many things above that are peices and paraphrases of the chapter but once again I picked out the truths that affected my life the most.

So take some time to reflect on these truths. How will they change your life? How will you respond as a woman to live these truths out?

Kristin Carlton


2nd "My Thoughts" installment of the series "The Voices of True Womanhood" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and friends. This is chapter two. See Biblical Womanhood post to see how this whole posting got started.

1 comment:

  1. "To resent or resist the current circumstances of your life is to ultimately resist and resent God."

    OUCH! I may have to quit reading your blog... (just kidding!) I think that is exactly what God has been telling me lately. Thanks!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete